John Deere unstyled model “D” restoration – almost finished

I started this project a long time ago, but got busy with other things. It needs to be finished.

This was my first restoration project, and I learned a huge amount about restoration work doing it.

A close look will reveal some of the things that experts would do differently. For example, I primed some of the individual parts before I assembled the tractor.  This resulted in chipped and scratched primer when I had to fix some ‘bugs’ after assembly!  I also had to remove the head to solve a pesky coolant leak. These are things you learn on the first project, without an expert restorer advising you along the way!

About these ads

0 Responses to “John Deere unstyled model “D” restoration – almost finished”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: